We use Zimbabwe’s finest tobacco, enhanced by the world’s best wrappers from Cameroon, Central America, and the Caribbean. Mosi Oa Tunya Cigars are Africa’s finest hand-rolled cigars, offered in three distinct flavorful blends- light, mild, and strong. The light flavor is only available in our mini cigars.
FARMING AND CURING
All our cigar products are manufactured from 95% local Burley tobacco, with the remaining 5% being made up of imported cigar wrappers which Zimbabwe is not yet capable of growing to international quality standards. It is the company’s stated objective to produce all its cigar products with 100% Zimbabwean tobacco in time. In this regard, work is already underway in collaboration with the local Tobacco Research Board, Kutsaga. No trees are being cut down to cure the tobacco used in all our operations. All our tobacco input is air-cured.
Blended from Zimbabwe’s finest and well-fermented burley variety tobacco, each of our cigar sticks has been expertly handcrafted by a talented team of local women, trained by a Caribbean master cigar virtuoso, to give you a mystical pleasure with every puff.
Our packaging boxes are manufactured from waste material comprising of sawdust and wood shavings. The boxes are also recyclable, reusable, biodegradable, and are multipurpose.
The box housing the 10 cigars is non-traditional. Looks like local pressboard construction. The design and imprint of Victoria Falls and Mosi Oa Tunya are simple and yet distinctive. Opening the box, the cigars are individually wrapped in cellophane and taped. Upon opening, I found the cigar to be pleasing with fresh tobacco and spice notes. The stick size appeared to be closer to a Corona Gorda at 6 in +. The Sumatra wrapper construction was uniformed and the cap nicely affixed.
Mosi Oa Tunya Cigars has the most amazing service delivery!!! I didn't know much about cigars and wanted to surprise my husband with some. From Mosi Oa Tunya helping me select the PERFECT cigars, to delivering them wrapped beautifully and in a gift bag!! The perfect surprise! According to my husband, Mosi Oa Tunya Cigars rank as the best he's had ever. He says they have excellent combustibility, an amazing aroma, flavour and texture.
At first I thought it was a light cigar but as I got on smoking it really got strong. It had good flavours as well. I felt the dark chocolate all through out, which I loved.
Mosi Oa Tunya is a women empowerment project with an all-women team of cigar rollers. We embrace the elevation of livelihoods recognizing that women play a pivotal role in socio-economic growth at both micro and macro levels.
Inspired by the world-famous Zimbabwean Victoria falls, from which the brand derives its name, each cigar will figuratively transpose you to that mystical land of the Lozi people, where the most pleasurable cigar smoking experience awaits you. So, go on! Unwrap one! Light it up, and experience “ The Smoke That Thunders!”